Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thing 38.Screencasting

I used Screen-O-Matic to create a simple screencast. I tried some of the others, including Jing (didn't work 'cause the IT folks at my shop wouldn't allow the download) and ScreenToaster (worked ok but I couldn't figure how to post it to the blog). Screen-O-Matic worked fine, but it's a big Java application that flooded the profile on my work box, making me have to go into My Computer, find the folder and delete the darn thing after I was done). I still couldn't figure on to post the 'cast into the blog, but at least I've got a url to link to. The screencast is just a trial, get-to-know the application kind of thing, a simple Ebsco search. It's readily apparent such a tool could be useful for all kinds of library stuff, but especially for tutorials like the one demo'ed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment