Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Thing 12. Books, books and more books

As I'm not a fan of audiobooks, I didn't find too many of these Things interesting. The one app. that looked promising here, Free Books, turned out to want 3 bucks to download; only the audiobooks were free. Bummer. So instead of these apps, I guess I'll continue to download books from my library, using either Overdrive or Kindle. But as this Thing concerns mobile: the Kindle app. isn't very user-friendly for finding free, pre-1923 books from the Amazon website (golly jeez whiz--I wonder why?). Amazon calls this category "Free Popular Classics," but you can't search for this on your phone--once you type the word "free" in the search box, you immediately get locked into the free sample part of the site. Don't want a sample; want it all. Free. Get on the stick, Bezos!

No comments:

Post a Comment