Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thing 24. Refresh Your Blog

I'm starting the new "Thing" all over again. I was going to experiment and use Wordpress as a platform for the next round of "Thing," but just found it too user-unfriendly. Adding javascript, for instance, is a no-no, for security reasons. So, I've back with Blogger.

My goal is to post a "Thing" every week, something I haven't been very good at with my old blog, "The Chilly Librarian." "Chilly..." started out as my "Thing" blog, then evolved into new themes after I finished the first "Thing" round. But those new themes were tough to come up with. I didn't want to blog on a topic just to vent my spleen; there's enough of that out there already. So I started researching some of the topics I want to write about, which takes still more time. I've finally figured out, though, that blogging is like every other kind of writing: you have to make time for it and JUST DO IT. But since "Thing" has a structured plan to follow, I don't think regular posting should be too difficult this time of around. (I know, famous last words, right?)

I'm pretty active with blogs, using Bloglines via RSS to keep track of about 50 of them, on topics such as libraries (of course), tech and politics. I also blog for the Bookspace area of the library website where I work.

So, I'm up and running with the first new "Thing" and a brand new blog. You'll be seeing the results as I learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment