Friday, April 17, 2009

Thing 30. More RSS and Delicious

I use Bloglines to keep track of my blogs. I group them into folders, some for professional activities like libraries and art/music, others into topics in which I'm interested, such as politics. And of course, there's a few subjects that cross over, like technology. I also set up a number of library-type feeds using Google Reader, just to try a different aggregator. It works fine. Better, sometimes, than Bloglines, which tends to go down from time to time. But then I got tired of moving all those feeds over and just decided to stay with Bloglines.

Delicious, I use a lot, but not those 2.0 bell and whistles discussed in Thing that could be used to share my stuff, like that Delicious badge. The reason why: I save those items for my own use and organize them into bundles to make them easy to recover. But I don't want other folks looking at them. Selfish, of me, huh?

For me, Delicious is a tool for maintaining and organizing links to websites useful or interesting to me, not a means of investigating what others have done. There's a lot of crap on the internet; I don't need yet another way of finding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment