Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thing 31. More Twitter

Whew. This Thing is exhausting--so much content. I have to give credit to the Thing folks on this one: you worked awfully hard putting the topic together. And that there is so much to deal with regarding Twitter is interesting in itself; from reading the blogs just a few months ago, the application seemed dead in the water. Now, for some reason Twitter is back and incredibly popular, too.

Still, it's not so popular with me. Sorry--I still just don't see the need for microblogging. In previous posts I explained my reason. I also went into what I considered some plausible functions that Twitter could accomplish. So, 'nough said.

Anyway, since this was is a post about further applications/widgets/add-ons for Twitter, I tried some out:
(Good)
Power Twitter-pretty cool. It's nice to get images and kind of stuff on my Twitter page.
BigTweet--like this one, too. It's nice to be able to post a tweet from my taskbar.

(Not so good)
Foxy- and TwittyTunes--couldn't get 'em to run on my Twitter page. I'll spend some more time on it later.

Later on, I'll work with some Greasemonkey scripts for Twitter. That should be interesting. Now, if I could find some use for Twitter...

No comments:

Post a Comment