Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thing 36. Comic Relief. Part 2

As the "Thing" folks said, this was a fun one to do. I explored some of these sections:

Password Generators
Hashapass worked pretty well, and much more simply than other generators I've found. I'm a bit reluctant to use it, though, as I'm not sure of the site's security.

Illustration/Images
Big Huge Labs has some fun tools to play with, including one for creating your own magazine cover and another to turn an image into an Andy Warhol-style image. Obamaconme was easy to use and created a stylish take of yours truly on the famous/infamous Obama poster.

Tag Cloud
Wordle is a pretty slick tool for creating tag clouds from blogs, websites, etc. It's also cool to be able to adjust the design, etc., once you've got your cloud.

White Noise
Simply Noise works easy as pie, too. I can't see having the laptop in the bedroom at night, sucking up power while drowning out the sound of the birdies, but the website is a lot cheaper than the machine I just bought from Target!

Silly Generators
I used the application that converts your name to a Dewey number. Hmm, interesting that I got a 200 (Religion, if you ain't a librarian). Maybe Melvil is trying to tell me something?

I also used some comic generators. Hence the posting you see above from ToonDoo. I also created my own comic using Stripgenerator. It's a bit balky to use. I may have created a strip, but I can't figure how to post it here yet. Maybe if I was Slovenian (like the folks who do Stripgenerator), it'd be easier to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment