Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thing 7. Content Saving and Sharing

I downloaded Pinterest for this Thing. I admit I looked down on Pinterest for a while, thinking it belonged in the realm of scrapbookers (sorry!) but now I can see I was wrong. Visually, of course, it's great and must be especially impressive on a Retina iPad. I also like how you can structure and annotate your pins. The examples linked from the Thing website, showing how libraries are using Pinterest, show how creatively the app. can be used to promote library content, events and provide info about their communities. Again, it's a little clunky to use on the phone, but Pinterest is a pretty nifty app.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, a convert! I love Pinterest--I have practically abandoned traditional text bookmarks. If you decide to use it in your library, let us know.

    Don't forget to request your badge for each group of 5 Things completed.

    ReplyDelete